Opportunities for Artists
Opportunities for Artists
Community Gaming Grants Presentation
Date: Thursday, November 02, 2017
Time: 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm MDT
Where: Prestige Rocky Mountain Resort Cranbrook
209 Van Horne Street South
Contact Name: Mike Sherman
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 778-698-8940
You are invited to the B.C. Government's Community Gaming Grant Presentation for the Kootenay Region on Thursday November 2nd at the Prestige Rocky Mountain Resort from 1pm - 3pm.
Join Mike Sherman, Outreach Manager, Community Gaming Grants Branch, Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing, for a detailed information session on the Community Gaming Grants program. This is an exciting education and networking opportunity for any not-for-profit organization interested in applying for a Community Gaming Grant.
Of particular interest may be our latest news on applying for a Capital Project Grant.
Please go to our website or the attached invitation to find more information and links to register online. When you register, please also indicate if you would like to request a same day face-to-face meeting with Community Gaming Grants staff.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you in Cranbrook!Read More
Call to Artists - Collaborative Video Project
I am looking for an artist who would be interested in collaboratively working with me to produce one or more promotional videos about themselves, their art and their processes.
My objective of this project is to have one or more videos that you, the artist, can use on Facebook, YouTube, and your webpage or distribute to galleries and clients. In return I would use the videos to promote myself and my work in videography and production.
WHAT WOULD BE DONE COLLABORATIVELY?
- The shooting plan
- Video shot and still shot design
- The production plan
- Script writing & editing
- First cut video editing
WHAT WOULD BE REQUIRED OF THE ARTIST?
- The locations and materials for the video and still photographs (I may do the still photographs at my production facility)
- Write the rough drafts of scripts for the on camera voice over narratives
- Possibly be the voice for the recording of the voice over narratives
WHAT WOULD I CONTRIBUTE TO THE PROJECT?
- The video and still photography equipment
- The video and photo editing software and hardware
- Shooting the videos and stills
- Post production and final cut video production
PROJECT TIMELINE (PROPOSED)
- September 20th, 2017 – Present Project Proposal
- October 2nd, 2017 - - General meeting with those who are interested
- October 6th, 2017 - Deadline for submissions
- October 9th, 2017 - Decision on participant
- October 21st, 2017 - Begin Production Planning
- November 1st, 2017 - Begin Shooting
- TBD - Video release and distribution
If you are interested in being part of this project or have any questions please email or call me. In your submission I would like you to send me a brief biography and an overview of your art and processes. It does not have to be overly detailed but enough to give me some insight into your art and processes. If you have a website that shows your work please include the URL in your submission. This will be especially helpful to me in the decision making process if I do not know you personally or am not familiar with your art.
Submissions can be submitted as an email attachment in either a Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat document. Or if you prefer, your submission can be mailed to or dropped off at the address below.
I would also like to have an informal meeting and discussion with everyone that is interested to discuss the project and answer any questions you may have.
Thank you for your interest and I look forward to your submissions.
Skimmerhorn Gallery of Fine Art Photography
312 5 Ave S, Creston BC V0B 1G3
A Full Plate Call for Photos for slide show
Call for photos and/or short videos reflecting life and culture of the Creston Valley from Yahk to Riondel...we are putting a slide show together... and may use photos in our social media. Credit given to photos with photograpahers name and location. All entries put into a draw. send to email@example.com or an email with questions.
Promote your arts event in The Artist's Journal.. for B.C's artist's who paint or draw
The Oct-Nov-Dec 2017 issue will soon circulate.
Do you have a Call for Entry, or its deadline falling in April May, or June? Please submit the information before the September 20 deadline. Keep in mind that although your event may be later in the year, your entry deadline may fall in Oct, Nov or Dec. So be sure to submit a.s.a.p.!
Calls for Entry are first priority for this newsletter. I will also publish news about your Exhibition or Art Show & Sale, but there is limited space for these (first come, first served!), so please send as soon as you can!
Your art news (Calls or events) is published at no charge, and will be seen by artists throughout this province! Published since 1997, The Artist's Journal has become a valuable source of BC's Calls for Entry, specifically for BC artists who paint or draw. You can help our talented BC artists get more exposure for their work and increase their income. At the same time, you receive exposure all across BC for your event and organization. Need help to word your news item? See a sample issue at http://www.artnews-healthnews.com/artists-journal
Art classes, lessons and workshops are considered Paid Advertising (display & classified ads): Three sizes of bordered ads are available, as well as classified advertising on the back page. Your bordered ad can be designed at no extra charge. To see the rates, visit https://www.artnews-healthnews.com/deadlines-rates
Remember, the deadline for this issue is September 20,2017.
The Artist's Journal
Eve Lees, Editor/Publisher
I'll find the calls, so you can spend more time at your easel!
Indigenous artists in BC working in all disciplines
Indigenous artists in BC working in all disciplines—visual arts, music, dance, theatre, storytelling and more—are invited to apply to take part in the Arts Integration Learning Lab: Indigenous Artists Edition, a learning series designed to identify the complex relationship between education and decolonization through the perspectives of Indigenous artists.
This event is presented by ArtStarts in Schools, a charitable organization that seeks to expand the role of arts in education for the benefit of BC’s young people. For this learning series, ArtStarts has partnered with IndigenEYEZ, a creative facilitation organization with a focus on strengthening four essential relationships—with self, with others, with nature and with culture—through an Indigenous lens.
The cost for artists selected to participate is fully subsidized, covering tuition, program materials and lunch. A limited number of travel and accommodation grants are also available. This opportunity is made possible through funding support from BC Arts Council and the Government of British Columbia's Creative Futures program.
You can learn more at http://artstarts.com/aill-indigenous or get in touch with Elfred Matining, Program Manager, at 604-336-0626 ext 106 or firstname.lastname@example.org
REMINDER: It's time to register your Culture Days activity!
Individual artists, cultural organizations, businesses, and municipalities are invited to register an activity for the 2017 Culture Days weekend: September 29, 30, and October 1.
Register your activity before July 31 to be included in the provincial publicity campaign and qualify for free promotional materials!
Engage your community and choose from a variety of activity types to connect with participants:
- Hands-on: invite people to create, help make, or try doing something themselves.
- Behind-the-scenes: take visitors inside artistic spaces to get a peek at creativity in action.
- Excursion: offer a tour of more than one location (e.g., art gallery crawl).
- Discussion: offer artist talks, panels, roundtables, and other cultural conversations where audiences can learn and discuss.
- Collective Creation: let the public contribute to a collaborative act or work of art.
- Virtual: present an online activity in which people can participate, regardless of where they are located.
Hosting an activity is an incredible opportunity to reach new audiences and develop lasting connections with community members in your city or town.
To register your activity...
- Start by going to CultureDays.ca and clicking Register an Activity.
- Then click Create a regular Culture Days account.
- Once you've created your account and are logged in, click the "Register activities" button.
- Click "Add a New Activity" for each activity you are planning and complete the online form (don't forget to upload an image for each activity).
- The last step is to enter the captcha code and click "Publish." You'll be taken to your activity's public webpage for review. You can always go back and edit if you need to make any changes. If you don't wish to publish your activity for the public right away, but would like to save your draft, click "Save Changes."
Visit our Resources page for useful tip sheets, digital marketing materials, and toolkits.
For more information, please contact BC Culture Day Manager, Nazanin Shoja at email@example.com or 604-681-3535 ext. 214.
ARTS, CULTURE AND HERITAGE GRANTS NOW AVAILABLEFOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 16, 2017
ARTS, CULTURE AND HERITAGE GRANTS NOW AVAILABLE
CKCA and the Trust announce 2017/18 programs Columbia Basin - Artists in all disciplines-as well as arts, culture and heritage organizations are invited to apply for funding through the Columbia Kootenay Cultural Alliance (CKCA), which delivers the Arts, Culture and Heritage Program on behalf of Columbia Basin Trust. CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
Call for Entry: Artists/Heritage Venues
Columbia Basin Culture Tour - August 12 - 13, 2017CLICK HERE TO READ MORE